About the Journal
Focus and Scope
Journal of Child Development Studies (JCDS) focuses on the studies of child development holistically such as physical-motor, social-emotional, cognitive, personality, moral and character development; studies about determinant factors of child development such as parenting knowledge, attitude, and practices; school environment; and any topics related. The findings are expected to enrich the studies of child development and to be the input for related environmental system (parent, school, society, government) to create the living society that fit for children.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
How to Regiser
- Author should register through the following address: http://jurnal.ipb.ac.id/index.php/jcds/user/register
- Author should fulfill the form, especially on the star mark. On the Confirmation Register section, please give your selection as author, reviewer, or both of them. After the form is filled, click on "Register" to process the registration.
- Please go to User Home and select your role as Author. In Active Submission, click on "Click here: to go to step one of the five-step submission process".
- These are the five-step submission process:
- Step 1. Starting the Submission On the Journal Section, select the appropriate section of journal, i.e. Articles. Author has to check-mark on the submission checklists. Author is able to give brief information to Editor about the submitted manuscript on the Comment form. Please click on the "Save and continue" button to go to the further step.
- Step 2. Entering the Submission's Metadata.
Author should enter metadata of all authors engaged in the writing process. The information of manuscript title, abstract, and keywords must be filled in the textbox.
- Step 3. Uploading the Submission
To upload manuscript to this journal, author should click Browse to find the manuscript file on the hard drive. Choose the file and click Upload button. Once the submission is uploaded, click Save and Continue on the bottom of this page.
- Step 4. Uploading Supplementary Files
The supplementary file should be uploaded is form A, consisting of Statement of Originality and Copyright Release Form. Therefore, click on Browse button, choose the file, click on Upload button, and click on Save and Continue.
- Step 5. Confirming the Submission
Author has to check that all documents are complete. To submit the manuscript to Journal of Family Sciences, click Finish Submission button. The corresponding author or the principal contact will receive an acknowledgement by email and will be able to view the submission's progress through the editorial process by logging in to the journal web address site.
All parties involved in publication process such as Editor, Reviewer, and the Author must understand and respect to the ethics of scientific publication as well as avoid misconduct that refers to fabrication, falsification, plagiarism, duplicate publication, and improper authorship.
- Fabrication refers to the act of creating false information about non-existent data or findings.
- Falsification refers to the act of distorting research information or results by artificially manipulating research materials, equipment, process, or by randomly transforming or deleting data.
- Plagiarism refers to the act of fraudulent use of other people’s ideas, research content, and results without appropriate approval or quotation.
- Duplicate publication refers to the act of showing the same or substantially similar academic work as the researcher’s own previous findings in another journal or literary work, without permission of the copyright holders or journal editors who first published it, or without displaying appropriate sources.
- Improper authorship refers to when the person who has contributed to research contents or research results is scientifically and technically unqualified as an author or when the person who has not contributed to research contents or research results scientifically and technically is qualified as an author merely to express gratitude or courtesy.
Duties and Responsibilities of Editors
- Solely and independently responsible for deciding which of the articles submitted to the journal should before published
- Ensure that the peer review procces is fair,unbiased,and timely.
- Select reviewers who have suitable expertise in the relevant field
- Encourage transparency and complete, and honest reporting
- Ensure that peer reviewers and authors have a clear understanding of what is expected of them.
- Protect the confidentiality of all material submitted to the journal and all communications with reviewers
- Assess the effects of their journal policies on author and reviewer behavior
- Ensure that all published reports of research have been reviewed by suitably qualified reviewers
- Ensure that appropriate reviewers are selected for submissions
- Monitor the performance of peer reviewers and take steps to ensure this is of high quality
- Develop and maintain a database of suitable reviewers, and update this on the basis of reviewer performance
- Ensure that the reviewer database reflects the academic community for their journal
Duties and Responsibilities of Reviewers
- Assists the editor in making editorial decisions
- Treat any manuscripts received for review as confidential documents.
- Alert to potential ethical issues in the paper and should bring these to the attention of the editor
- Conduct review objectivily.
- Aware of any personal bias they may have and take this into account
Duties and Responsibilities of Authors
- Present an accurate account of the work performed as well as an objective discussion of its significance.
- Ensure that have written entirely original works
- Cited or quoted the work and/or words of others
- Should not in general publish manuscripts describing essentially the same reasearch in more than one journal of primary publication.
- Authorship should be limited to those who have made a significant contributon to the conception, design, execution, or interpretation of the reported study. All those who have made substantial contributions should be listed as co-authors.
Note :The policy for editors, reviewers, and authors in Journal of Child Development Studies (JCDS) use Elsevier Publishing Ethics and COPE's Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors
- Plagiarism screening will be conducted using Turnitin application system. Turnitin creates tools for K-12 and higher education that improve writing and prevent plagiarism. (http://turnitin.com/).
- Plagiarism screening will also be conducted using Grammarly.
Journal of Child Development Studies does not charge any fee for submission, article processing, and publication of articles.